About 35% of Kanda’s current engagements are Java development projects. They range from one-two person projects to two-dozen people multi-year engagements.
With nearly 20 years of experience in Java development, Kanda Software has achieved the highest level of technology and domain expertise.
Here’s just a taste of what we can brew for you, Java-wise.
Java Web Development
- JSP and other Java-based HTML-generated Web applications
- Java integrated with CSS and XML for flexible data-driven UI
- Java-based AJAX UI
- Software as a Service (SaaS) community and subscription sites developed entirely in Java
- Including entire applications residing on client computers (PC, LINUX, and Mac).
- With UI in Struts and other Java UI building tools.
Server Side Development and Back-End integration
- Three-tier and n-tier application design and deployment. Major development platforms including J2EE and EJB
- Native integration with Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- JDBC database integration
- Integration with third-party environments and servers, in particular Vignette, OpenText, Documentum, Sharepoint, Fast Search, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Using development and QA tools and environments such as Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Maven, Bugzilla
- Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services, including JAXRPC, Axis 1/2/3, SOAP
Integration with Application servers, including Tomcat and JBoss
Other skills and capabilities
How do we do it?
Our Java development team consists of more than 100 Java software architects, senior developers and developers. 70% have a Masters Degree or equivalent in computer science. Many have advanced degrees including Ph D’s in related areas such as math and physics. And our low turnover rate ensures these top-notch individuals are with our software development team year after year.
Plus, they’re backed up by a hundred QA engineers well-versed in manual and automated testing. All our people collaborate and become personally invested in the projects they work on – people with a “throw it over the wall” mentality simply don’t work at Kanda.
Kanda’s Java Developers:
- Go through intensive technical interviews and a three-month trial period before being officially hired.
- Receive formal Agile methodology training and continual improvement exercises.
- Have diverse backgrounds, but have one thing in common, they are great thinkers and problem solvers.
- Integrate with client teams as much as or as little as is appropriate – the client always retains all IP.
Our Recent Java Development Projects
Professional networking site
Several hundred thousand members share information about their careers, review vendor briefings and receive professional development and education-related information.
Hospital environment monitoring intranet application
Solution wirelessly integrating environment-monitoring devices to ensure compliance and safety. To achieve timely response to warning signs the system escalates the alerts by dialing phone numbers of the personnel on duty and sending text messages if alert screens and alert emails do not result in prompt action.
Multi-vendor repository integration
Integrates repositories from multiple platforms – Documentum, Sharepoint and Vignette – and ensures integrity and consistency of information. Verification and update modules are Java-based.
|Worthworm is an online pre-money valuation tool that offers comprehensive and reliable PMV base on more than 1400 parameters for early stage startups and angel investors.As a part of the Worthworm development, Kanda implemented a standard Java-based MVC architecture. For the main framework Kanda team used the Spring Framework, as one of the most common and widespread solutions for Java Enterprise applications. Besides the Spring Framework Core itself, we also took advantage of the Spring Framework extensions for database Object Relation Management (Spring Data JPA) and integrated Queuing, Pooling and Multi-threading (Spring Batch). Both are natively combined with the Spring Core and allow high level of integration transparency, fast development and easy maintainability.|