RoR, Python and C++Experts in C++, Python and Ruby on Rails.
Kanda’s highly trained and highly skilled programmers are equally adept at legacy languages like C and C++ as they are in rapid targeted development environments such as PHP and Python. Kanda supports a large set of C/C++ applications – some legacy and others that are so computer-bound that rewriting them in anything else would be highly detrimental to their performance. Not only do we support and enhance the core computationally-bound engines, we also integrate them with front-ends and other bells and whistles written in newer languages such as PHP, Python, Java, and RoR.
- C++: One of the most popular programming languages, C++ is widely used throughout the software industry. Kanda programmers are fluent in C++ and skilled in leveraging the properties and benefits of C++ including templates, objects and polymorphism.
- PHP: Created in 1995, PHP is a general purpose scripting language designed for websites with dynamic pages. Kanda developers employ PHP for server-side development
- Python: We, and more importantly our clients, like this general-purpose language for its ability to bring new features into the world very quickly. It combines powerful capabilities with easy-to-read syntax. Used by Kanda for rapid prototyping as well as in rapidly changing, UI-intensive client projects
- Ruby on Rails(RoR) : Open-source web application framework for the Ruby programming language that is taking the development world by storm. Its compactness, rich framework capabilities, and built-in test automation combine to make it an excellent environment for complex Web and SaaS applications that need to hit the market quickly and keep on running fast. It is particularly well-suited for Agile rapid development methodology.
As one of our RoR clients put it,
“when all the code is written and debugged there is about half as many lines of code and a quarter as many bugs in RoR as in equivalent Java implementation”
We use RoR in more and more SaaS projects and its popularity in general and within Kanda is growing rapidly.
Full app, fast time-to-market
Recently a startup with a group-buying-power business model needed to get to market rapidly in order to seize an opportunity. Using Ruby on Rails(RoR) and Agile development, Kanda was able to deploy a first release of the application in under a month. Traditional programming methodologies and platforms would have taken months for backend ecommerce integration. With RoR, Kanda was able to deploy a commercial-strength application in the highly compressed timeframe one would normally expect for a proof of concept.
Multilingual online editing environment
Kanda’s Python team was brought in to enhance and support a multi-lingual on-line editing environment. The application in question is used by highly skilled professionals as their primary money-making tool. There were numerous new time-saving and productivity-improving enhancements, and each feature needed to be perfect. Python’s inherent ability to bring features to fruition quickly yet seamlessly undo anything that didn’t meet client approval made it the natural choice for this development work.
It helps when the world’s best programmers are on your team.
For each of the languages and frameworks above, Kanda has a stable of 20-50 senior developers and software architects. Like all Kanda development personnel, 70% of these developers hold a masters in computer science or the equivalent. Backing up these developers is a QA department over 100 engineers strong and well versed in manual and automated testing. These architects, developers and QA engineers take a collaborative approach to their work – no “throwing the specs over the wall” for the next guy to work on.
Another secret of Kanda’s success is our extremely low turnover rate – as low as 3% a year, virtually unheard of in our industry. With such stability, your team remains consistent however long your project – or projects – continue.
We’re rigid about our demand for flexibility.
When you work with Kanda, you’ll see we’re on the cutting edge – but, to draw an important distinction, not on the bleeding edge. Our software architects research new and upcoming development environments. And when they’re ready for prime time, we incorporate them into our toolkit. So anything you get from Kanda is commercial grade – out team has tested it and made sure.
- We’re flexible about what language we work in. We believe the programmer is more important than the program – in fact, every one of our hires undergoes a rigorous three month trial period before being officially invited on staff.
- We’re flexible about methodologies. We’ll employ the best one for your job.
- We’re flexible about where we work. You want us on site with you, we’re there. You want to save on travel costs, we’ll stay where we are.
Kanda is always interested in hearing more about your projects and is happy to review your RFP. If you want to send us your RFP, please use the form below. Thank you.