Preference-based Search Engine
dSide offers users a simplest way to find products or services that are just right for them. The company was founded on the concept that many online shoppers are left out in the cold by existing product search and navigation solutions.
dSide offers a groundbreaking way to compare alternative products based on what is uniquely important to each customer. It uses an approach that matches customer preferences directly to a retailer’s products. Additionally, dSide’s cloud-based technology easily integrates with any existing eCommerce platform, so online retailers can set it up fast.
The original impetus for upgrading the interface was the lack of future support of Flex by Adobe. Nexage has also determined that a more user-friendly and interactive interface will be widely appreciated by existing clients. In the course of the UI development Kanda has proposed HTML5/Ajax as a main technology to meet the expectations of the users. Additionally, several design criteria were taken into account:
Kanda has created dSide solution adhering to several important requirements:
- Ability to handle big data sets with easy integration and minimum impact on retailers’ systems
- High relevancy of search and promotions
- Customization capability on the retailer’s side
- Fully integrated powerful analytics capabilities
- Easy front- and back-end integration
- Ability to integrate with retailers’ in-house solutions
- Full click stream capture and analysis, advanced analytics capability (based on dSide analytics engine)
- Admin interfaces for Marketing, Analytics and Decision engines
Additionally, Kanda teams helped with UI design. Using Responsive Design techniques, Kanda was able to provide optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices.