Kanda’s major strength is the ability to provide high quality services quickly with sustainable savings over the lifecycle of software products. We achieve this objective by using a highly effective Two-Shore™ custom software development and delivery approach that combines U.S. quality with offshore prices.
We are versed in all manners of software development practices — Agile, SCRUM, Lean, Waterfall, Prototype, Incremental, Iterative, V-Model, Spiral, RAD, DSDM, RUP, and XP.
- Flexibility and Modular, Self-contained Practices. Kanda resources can be used over an extended period of time as a predictable, low-cost extension of customer’s development team. This arrangement reduces the overhead, administration costs, and pain of short-term but frequent engagements. Kanda expertly manages both long-term, open-ended engagements and well-defined, fixed price and time, projects. As an experienced software development outsourcing partner, we have perfected a clean, economical approach for entering and exiting your development process at the right time, using the right resources. We ensure your satisfaction with clear acceptance criteria, and conduct a complete knowledge transfer at the end of the engagement period.
- Efficient two-shore delivery mechanism allows Kanda to provide a price-performance advantage. The US-based business analysis, architecture, project management, deployment, and QA is augmented by Kanda’s offshore development organization to optimize resource allocation and sustain price and performance advantage over the lifecycle of the customer’s applications.
- Custom-fit solutions that leverage off-the-shelf Autonomy software products and pre-existing Kanda-developed packages.The combination of industry-leading Autonomy products, pre-existing Kanda code and custom code are powerful levers that allow Kanda to deliver solutions that meet varied aspects of our customers’ requirements within extremely tight deadlines.
Software Development Outsourcing Methodology
Kanda’s software development outsourcing engagements start with a basic discovery meeting to completely assess the size and scope of the effort. We don’t just think about how to get your software project built, we also plan how the project will be measured, tested, and deployed. We have the ability to do as little or as much as your team needs – from providing additional software development resources to managing the entire engagement.
However we engage with you, we will be part of your team during the entire software development lifecycle — from requirements to maintenance.
We work with you to overcome a particular business challenge in a way that satisfies your need for speed, cost effectiveness, and high quality.
Functional Features Requirements
Through systematic analysis of customer’s business needs, Kanda develops a detailed understanding of corresponding functional requirements and translates those into technically feasible functional features.
Prior to actual coding, Kanda develops an overall product architecture and identifies individual modular components as well as existing Kanda tools and third party tools to be used. For each component, a set of interfaces is defined. This approach reduces the overall development time, minimizes the integration process, and improves the product’s testability.
Kanda recognizes that the way users interact with the system is just as important as the system’s functionality itself. Kanda’s graphic designers and engineers develop interface prototypes and enhance them jointly with you and, when appropriate, with representative end-users to insure the most straightforward and intuitive user experience.
Single Point of Contact
Kanda assigns a project manager who is responsible both for managing the development process and for communicating with you. This gives you the most direct view of and involvement with the project’s progress and the quickest path to overcoming any hurdles that arise.
Adhering to Milestones
Kanda defines and meets intermediate milestones, making sure to incorporate your feedback at each of these key points. Kanda tracks each milestone as a full-fledged delivery with all the implications of adherence to specifications and requirements.
Kanda assigns small teams (3-5 people) of senior software developers to projects. In our experience, a small team of veterans delivers faster and better results than larger teams of inexperienced developers. If the project cannot be delivered in the timeframe allotted with a single team, Kanda’s architect and project managers subdivide the project into sub-projects and define the strict programming interfaces between them.
Integrated Quality Assurance
Quality assurance process starts with the commencement of the project, not at the code freeze date. QA engineers participate in the product design process to ensure testability of the final product. Furthermore, QA engineers conduct unit testing and integration testing in accordance with an overall QA Plan and use both hand-testing and automated test tools (Rational Robot and Performance Studio).
Kanda provides training and documentation so the client is able to support, maintain, and enhance Kanda-developed products to the degree desired. We can conduct training sessions for customer’s Tech Support personnel, system administrators, and software developers at client offices or on Kanda’s premises.
Kanda’s products are “built for change” as we are well aware that the need to enhance a Web solution usually arises even before the solution is out of the gate. Kanda provides long-term product enhancement if desired.
Kanda considers every client a partner. From the earliest stages, you are closely involved into the process of technical definition, development, and testing.
- Vertical Solutions built on Autonomy Enterprise Search Platform
- Legal/Compliance (Document Discovery and Production)
- Financial Services
- Enterprise-Wide Autonomy Search Platform Deployment
- Silos Integration (Crawling and Discovery; Relevance ranking; Context)
- Security – Entitlements and Access Control
- Online Editions, Archives, Directories, Databases
- Web Advertising & Lead Generation
- Collaboration and Editorial Systems
- Content Syndication
- Information Marketplaces
- Turn-Key Cross-Departmental ECM Deployment
- Categorization & Taxonomy
- Multi-faceted Search
- Corporate and Vertical Portals
- Content Conversion and Manipulation
- “Deep” XML